Monday, January 17, 2011

To Sleep, Perchance to Be Thin

I've been reading everywhere lately that lack of sleep can cause you to eat more. Well, I'm in trouble :p I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep in a row (and that's rare, usually it's 2-3) in about 3 years now. So I'm always tired. Which makes me want to graze for 'fuel.' And there's something about waking up exhausted that makes me crave waffles and hot cheesy grits - not fruit and eggs and other healthy stuff. I'm still working on this one. Trying to get as much sleep as I can and in the meantime making myself eat fruit and an egg before I'm allowed to have the 'heavy' stuff - and most of the time, once I'm done with my healthy food, I don't even want the junk. And when I do cave, I just try to adjust my lunch to compensate. Whew. One of these days I'll get some sleep. For now I can just be grateful that I've learned to eat breakfast in the first place instead of running on empty all morning. That was definitely not good for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment