Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back At It

Clearly I haven't had time to post in a while. But I think it would do me good to do some updates just so I can keep track of what I need to work on. So here goes:

Today's triumphs:
  1. Didn't take the kids to Panda Express like I'd intended. Went to Doc Greens and had a salad (and ok, a small side of cheesy mashed potatoes) instead.
  2. Got up at 6 and did both my devotional and 30 min on the elliptical.
  3. Making healthy veggie stir-fry and rice/quinoa for dinner.

Today's pitfalls:
  1. Ate WAY too much froyo at Peachwave.
  2. Spent more than I intended because we ate out both lunch and snack.
  3. Ate half a dozen chocolate covered caramels while I cooked dinner.
What I learned:
  1. Plan ahead better so I don't wind up eating out to kill time.
  2. Chew gum while I cook.
  3. Stick to the getting up and working out - actually felt really good even though I was desperate for my afternoon nap.
Also, I'm reading a new book called Body For Life about gaining muscle and being healthy (and transforming your body as it claims). Will let you know how it goes when I get done.

3 comments:

  1. New follower from the Tag-Along Thursday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. following through the blog hop! nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm following you from Thursdays blog hop. I too have been thinking of hosting a weightloss journey type of blog hop. I'm glad I found your other blog and this one. I like the way you document things about what you're doing. I haven't started yet but I've been thinking about it. Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete