Friday, January 14, 2011

Healthy Eats: Vegetarian Chili

I have one great fall-back healthy recipe for a cold night when I want something hearty (and can refrain from making pasta). This is my favorite veggie-filled chili that's healthy from start to finish. Though the cornbread I made to go with it might be another story....

Vegetarian Chili

2 green peppers, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large handfull spinach, shredded
2 cans beans (I like kidney and pinto), drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes with liquid
1 can tomato sauce (or 1 can tomato soup)
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp parsley
dash basil
dash oregano

Sautee peppers, onion, garlic and spinach until soft. Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment