Sunday, February 13, 2011

11 Week Challenge: Week 5

Hope that week 4: savoring foods went well for you. I was successful sometimes, though more often than not I let distractions get the better of me. Again, I can keep trying and not let it get me down. This week should be pretty easy. Yay.

Week 5: Drink Up!

That's right, this week we are focusing on our liquid intake. The basics: replace sugary drinks (or even diet sweet drinks) and coffee with water, milk, or tea - and try to increase overall liquid consumption (eating foods with high water content also counts). If you really want to kick it up a notch, try drinking a glass of water 10-20 minutes before each meal and any time you think you feel hungry. You just might notice that you're eating less by no longer confusing thirst with hunger. Besides weight loss, there are all kinds of great health benefits from staying hydrated (like healthier skin, improved clarity of thought and decreased joint pain). So drink up and feel better!

1 comment:

  1. I think I can do this one - especially the "drink a glass of water first if you feel hungry" part. I didn't do perfectly last week - I did eat some meals at my desk or on my couch, but I tried to be conscious and avoid that, and will continue to do so. I also busted back out my exercise ball for sitting on at work today! Good luck!
    slt

    ReplyDelete