Monday, January 16, 2012

Loving The Shape I've Got

I've been thinking a lot lately about getting 'in shape.'  It's the new year with new goals and I'm thinking ahead to swimsuit season.  Sure, I'd love to have a swimsuit body by July.  That's the ideal.  But this morning, it dawned on me how much I like the shape I've already got. 

Here are a few reasons why it's nice to have a little extra 'meat on the bones':

1) Ample hips are great for toting babies.  Or, as I did this morning, toting a baby and a toddler at the same time.  While chasing after the preschooler.  What would I have done without the great baby-shelf?

2) Men (apparently) like curves.  At least, that's what my husband claims.  And lots of women's magazines claim.  I'd like to believe they're telling us the truth.

3) In an apocalyptic situation, I'd last a little longer than the waif-thin models.  When food is scarce, the body uses your extra fat.  So, it's not really fat - it's zombie insurance ;)

4) I have extra padding for the inevitable jabs and kicks and other abuse I take from three rambunctious small kids.  I can't imagine how bruised I'd be if I still had visible ribs and hip-bones.  Ouch!

5) When I'm hungry, I'm not happy.  When I'm happy, I'm more beautiful.  I like to believe that you can hide a lot of love-handles behind a killer smile. 


That's it for now.  What are some things that you love about your shape?

1 comment:

  1. I love being able to "fill out" clothes!! I always get the "I wish I had your butt!" and with weight you get ample curves on top! :) So embrace those curves girl!!
    -Meesh :)

    ReplyDelete