So, we're a few days into 2012 and I thought I'd check in to see how things are going with the goals. Here's a rundown of my year thusfar:
1) Make an effort with my appearance. In general, so far so good. Yes, I did wear pajamas home from the airport, but I got there at 4:30 am! And yes, I did wear yoga pants yesterday, but it was the last day of 'vacation' before activities started up again. Today, I made sure to wear my skinny jeans, a cute sweater, my usual jewelry and my favorite boots. I feel good, even if the only people who will see me all day (other than family) are the folks at the post office. And that was the point entirely.
2) I will work out every day even if I only do 20 situps. um--- haha this hasn't happened at all yet. Well, Monday we took a mile long walk along the nature trail - I guess that counts. Especially since I was toting a 4 year old for half of the walk. I'm really hoping to at least do my situps today. But somehow I'm so exhausted at nap time I barely get in my 'busywork' before passing out let alone a workout. Ah well - room to grow.
3) Eat a healthy diet 5 days a week. Hit and miss. I've been planning really healthy, veggie-filled meals. I gobbled up a HUGE plate of veggies and hummus at lunch today. Unfortunately, I still have a ton of leftover snacks and sweets from the holiday in my pantry. I can't seem to make myself part with them, so my next best solution has been trying to eat them all up as quickly as possible and then attempt not to acquire any more. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I also bought a couple new "clean eating" cooking magazines and I'm really excited about some of the recipes I've found - so at least healthy meal planning will be fun :)
4) Get up at 6:30.
The weekend was a mess, but we were recovering from travel. Yesterday, I slept in until 7 (we were up till nearly midnight the night before). BUT the kids slept until 9 so I still managed to finish all my blogging and get ready and even relax on the couch with one of those cooking magazines for a bit before I had to make breakfast. Today I almost made it, but then I spent too long on the computer so the morning was still a rush. Tomorrow, I will be awake at 6:30 and upstairs making toast by 7:30. Yes I will.
5) I will make quiet-hour shorter.
Big fail. I feel like I'm way behind in playing catchup with blog stuff and store stuff and all the people I have to call about appointments and all the cleaning I want to get done and getting up earlier means I definitely have to nap or I'll be a total pumpkin by dinnertime. Whew. But I'm working on it. My piles of to-dos are slowly getting smaller, and I'm trying really hard to get to bed earlier. So hopefully in a week or so quiet hour will be more like an actual hour. We shall see.
6) Spend less time on the computer.
um, nope. I've been madly rushing to catch up on my blogs and put things in my shops and list things on craigslist to sell and then I get caught up in filling out giveaways and chatting and.....Oops. I have been leaving the computer downstairs and it's been a huge change for the better. More time with my kids and I'm getting things slowly organized - it's really nice. I'm just wasting a LOT of time at naptime and in the morning still, so I need tow work on that.
7) Keep a tidier, cleaner house.
Getting there. I'm in the "things look worse while I'm making them better" stage. I'm totally redoing my filing system, which means I have notebooks and piles of papers everywhere - but it should be easier to file the papers that tend to pile up when I'm done. Next, linen closet. Getting a 'real' toy box for the kids tomorrow so we have one big place to corral all the stray toys. Moved H's clothes from his closet to his dresser so they're easier to put away. I'm making progress. My main goal is to streamline things enough that it's easier to keep things clean once I get them there. Even if it means making a bigger mess in the process.
So that's where I am. It's a process. These are goals. I'll get there. It's good to check in now and then to keep track, though :)