Tuesday, February 14, 2012

12 Week Challenge: Week 5

How did you do with your water intake?  I carried my cup with me everywhere and, as much as possible, tried to increase my consumption.  I did ok most days, though, as usual I sometimes got so busy I'd forget. 

This week, we're stepping it up and stepping out!

Week 5: Make Each Day More Active

Pretty simple.  Be mindful about moving your tush a little more each day.  Get up out of your chair at least once and hour to stretch and move.  If you can take a short walk, great.  If not, do some quick squats or wall-push-ups.  Park farther from the door, take the stairs instead of the elevator, chase the kids in the park instead of sitting on the bench while they play.  Do plies while folding laundry, situps while watching tv, or grapevines while brushing your teeth.  Wander the house/office while you're on the phone.  Turn on some loud music and power-clean the house.   Add random jumping jacks to your daily routine. 

If you're really ambitious - track your week.  When you sit down, jot down the time.  When you get up to move, note the time again.  At the end of the day, tally up all the time you spend sitting.  You might be surprised that you're not nearly as active as you thought.  Or, you could be pleasantly surprised to see that you're more of a mover than you realized. 

Are you a planner?  Do you live by your calendar?  Schedule in regular exercise sessions, even if it's only for 15 minutes a day.  Stick a casserole in the oven, crank up the resistance on the elliptical, and rock out to a couple of your favorite tunes.  Run around the block once or twice when you get out of the car.  Challenge the kids to a dance-off.  Look for the little opportunities.  Putting in a long, hard workout is great - but if you don't have the time (and really, these days who does?) then every little bit counts. 

I can't wait to hear from you next week to see what sneaky little workouts you squeezed in!

This week's stats:

weight: 120 (yay down 2 lbs - though I think these V-day cupcakes will nix that loss)
Days I worked out: 1 (and it was intense.  and the next day I was sick as a dog.  bummer)
Days I ate junk: 7 (the candybar habit just won't be kicked)

1 comment:

  1. I really try to do as much activity as I can...nothing sneaky, I am more blatant, make sure I walk the dogs, or run, or do my insanity workouts...it is difficult...but I have the freedom to do that, I don't have little ones running around...that is a workout by itself

    ReplyDelete