Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Down Some Pounds - No More Juice

My recent update:

I appear to be down to 118.5 on an empty stomach. So woot for that. Only 8 more lbs to go till I hit my "reasonable goal." Think I can do it by the end of December?

The juice fast didn't take. I did juice for breakfast for one day, and was so mean and cranky by lunch that I had to eat something or risk yelling at my kids. So - I guess I'll just supplement with juice when I feel like I'm lacking in fruits and veggies and otherwise just try to eat healthily (and kick my thrice-weekly-Snickers habit).

I'm also looking for good tv shows to get addicted to. I think I'll be more willing to get up (or skip nap) to work out if I have something I can't wait to watch while I do it. Anyone got recommendations?

It's a journey - I must remember that. But I also know I have the speedbumps of birthday, Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas and New Years coming up (all that feasting = lbs lbs lbs!). So, I'll do what I can now that does NOT involve starving myself and that will have to be good enough.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yikes! A juice diet! That sounds painful. I remember when trying to shed some baby pounds I bought a juicer which I did once or twice a day WITH meals. (I was breast feeding so couldn't really diet) I found that the juice filled me up a bit and I didn't "snack" so much so it may be worth sticking with it with something healthy on the side. And it's all fruit and veg that goes in so you're loading up on goodness. There's nothing wrong with that. Good luck with it :-)
    Visiting from the hop.
    http://beingmama.com/
    http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete