Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crave Crave Crave

Oh my stars it's been a rough couple of weeks! I have had one nasty craving after another (seriously, if I didn't know it was impossible, I'd think I was pregnant). First Snickers, then Panda Express, then today I've been dying for homemade donuts. And unfortunately, it's all too easy to give in. Here are this week's triumphs and pitfalls.

Triumphs:

1) Today I have eaten really well. I woke up feeling sick, I think because all the awful eating has caught up to me. So I've had lots of fruits and veggies and eggs and it really feels amazing! Sometimes my body also craves healthy foods - those are the cravings I need to listen to.
2) We took a nice brisk walk last night. I even had the urge to run, though I didn't. I'm hoping that tonight I'll go for it and try to get in a couple miles of run/walks. I'd stopped working out at night because I thought it was interfering with my sleep, but I slept like a baby last night! Here's hoping.
3) I'm planning a juice fast for a couple days next week. I feel starved for nutrients and gorged on junk and I think I really need to 'reboot' my body. Hoping it works out the way I'm planning - I think I'll feel a lot better.

Pitfalls:

1) Sleeping and being lazy and not working out. I have had NO energy the last couple of weeks and I need to kick start my workouts again.
2) Eating junk junk junk. Cornbread, biscuits, chocolate(!!!), take-out food, potato salad and hot-dogs - no wonder I feel awful! And I think I've gained a few pounds back, too. I feel fat and yucky - the way I always do when I cave in and quit being healthy.

What I'm planning:

1) Work out every evening and make that my priority. If I have to get the kids to bed 20 min sooner, so be it. If I can get back in the habit, I'll have more energy during the day. And getting up in the morning to work out just isn't happening.
2) Juice fast. Juice for 2-3 meals a day for 2-3 days. Flush out my system, beat these cravings, then start eating healthier again.
3) Get more sun. Winter makes me want to hibernate - which means I want to fill up on carbs, then sleep for a week. Ooooof. More sun and lots of up-beat music helps to wake me up and get me going - so that's my goal!

That's where I am right now - I notoriously gain 10 lbs of "insulation" every winter - this winter I want to be different - I want to take 15 lbs OFF - so here I go!

1 comment:

  1. How did the juice fast go? What juicer are you using? I'm on the market for a new one, checking out ebay since the one I do want is about $250.

    ReplyDelete